Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back On My Regime Again


I hear from people all the time about wanting to get back in the gym, get back to healthy eating, back to walking, the list is endless. I don't ask them, they take one look at me and feel guilty, then they start telling me their story of woe, this happens especially at work.


I am not here to judge anyone, although I find it unfortunate that some people prefer to eat unhealthy and drink excessive alcohol, that's their life to live, not my call. I will certainly help with whatever I can, but at the end of the day, it's not going to matter what I do or what I say, it will be decided by the individual.


We all have episodes of "lapses" or periods when we are not as strict as we should be. For some this may be a few days (like me) and for some it may be a few months, and for others, years.


I talk to so many people who beat themselves up when they make bad choices, or when they "fall off the wagon". If you are one of those people, STOP!


Live for today, don't regret yesterday, move forward. You cannot change the past. Living with the pain of disappointment in yourself will eat you up alive. Forgive yourself, love yourself and promise to be good to yourself.


You are worth it.


I saw this video the other day on a blog that I have enjoyed, called Lisa's world, and I love the words, I love the beat, I love the message. This is performed by Stic Man otherwise known as Dead Prez. I have added it to my workout mix, and it's perfect for shoulder day. I have also found it a great beat to run stadium stairs!


The song is about Stanley "Tookie Williams one of the co-founders of the Crips gang, considered one of the largest and most violent street gangs in the United States. They are the ones who wear blue. Before you condemn me for including this, read a bit about Tookie, and it is his story that I base this on.


We can all change. 


We can all "get back on my regime again"  and start all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment