Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where Will I be in 6 Months? (Fitness World Blog)




This is a Fitness Blog World post: Where do you see yourself in 6 months from now...and what about in 2-5 years from now


That is always a question people ask at job interviews isn't it? And why do you think people want to know such a thing? I can tell you.


They want to know if you have goals and a purpose, or are you floundering along hoping that things just "work out right".


I know exactly where I will be 6 months from now, I will be in sunny Mexico, at Hacienda Eden, wearing an ever so skimpy bikini, laying on my chaise lounge, reading a book, sipping a margarita, talking with Cindy and Joe!

I will run and do plyos along the beach every morning before anyone else wakes up. Isn't this a beautiful beach? 



We will all enjoy great Mexican food, sitting with our bare feet in the sand and pretty much doing nothing.


I go every year in February, it gives me something to look forward to and a great way to escape the cold, wet winter of California. I have already made my reservations, I have my airline tickets, I only need the rental car and I am set.


In terms of my fitness goals, I see myself continuing on with Roy, and taking advantage of his knowledge to add more size on my legs, yet maintain a low level of bodyfat. My training program always changes, but I am not one to try a new revolutionary idea as seen on TV, then skip onto another one when I don't see immediate results. 


I will be heavier in weight (I am sure), higher bodyfat (not much), and will also have a very, very happy family because I will not be on a "diet" and I will make wonderful foods for them. Life will be post competition bliss for everyone.


2 to 5 years is a different story, some of the events will surely repeat themselves, such as the annual vacation, and I will always continue my weight training, but the big question is,  will I still be competing? 


I cannot answer that right now. I have enjoyed competing on so many levels, yet there are always times when I despise it like a pet that I have adopted, yet must care for and nurture, although it seems to be the devil I have invited into my home.


If I am still competing, I would like to be competing in Women's Physique instead of Figure. This goes along with everything I want about adding more lean mass to my frame, and maintaining a muscular physique. This means I will be in the gym, lifting heavy, eating well, incorporating some of the dreaded cardio, and sculpting my body into the body I want.


Whether I end up on stage or not is not really of consequence, you see, I don't lift weights to compete, I compete to lift weights.


It's all about priorities.


Please take the time to stop by Fitness Blog World and read what all the other writers have to say about their short and long term goals.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be were you're going to be in 6 months. Can you sneak me into your luggage? Pretty please with a cherry on top :)

    I will be in full swing competition mode in 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy! Just catching up with all my FBW gals! Thanks for posting - love hearing about competitor's goals because everyone is always experiencing something different! So nice to have a trip to look forward to! Enjoy and keep up all the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, I don't think it would be a good place for you in 6 months! But I suggest a trip after your competition! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison- Thank you and thanks for keeping Fitness Blog World going! It's a great site!

    ReplyDelete