Sunday, September 25, 2011

Celebrating after the Competition

Posted by Picasa

I look forward to the weeks after a competition, I can eat and drink like a regular person. I am dreaming of it now, even during the daytime. You have heard the saying "When you want something so badly you can taste it"? I am tasting a lot right now...in my head.

Tradition has it that David and I go to the San Francisco Ferry Plaza Market on the Saturday following a competition. We get there early and have fish tacos and red wine out in the sun, sitting at the waters edge. We go to Mijita, a wonderful little restaurant. 

We then wander around the farmers market and buy oysters, meats, cheeses, breads, vegetables and fruits. We stop and have a glass of REAL champagne at the Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant and watch all the tourists walk by.

Then lunch at the Zuni Cafe, further in the city. 

But not this time, tradition is about to be broken, David is busy. In fact, David is busy every Saturday until the last weekend in October. I am on my own.

I was making reservations and discovered that David and Cooper will be attending a lacrosse game in San Francisco on the 8th, Harvard is playing Denver. It should be an exciting game. The game is at 3:00 so they need to leave early to go to their favorite Irish pup and eat fish and chips, then get a good seat.

The following Saturday they have a  car race, Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV where they will drive around the track or something like that.

Then the next Saturday he has to work.

He looked at me when I started complaining and said "Kristy - the whole world doesn't stop when you are finally ready to eat!"

It was a slap in the face, the words stung. But he was right. David has been waiting a long time for me to be ready, now I need to wait for him. I guess the shoe is on the other foot now huh?

So another saying we have all heard: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

I made lunch reservations for ONE on Saturday the 8th. Yes all by myself. I am having lunch at McCormick and Schmicks restaurant. I have never been there and hear they have stunning food. I will order a glass of champagne and then a glass of red wine to go with lunch. Pursuing the menu, I am thinking I might enjoy the tenderloin steak sandwich on Navajo fry bread with garlic aioli. Or, if I am not super hungry I might start with the ahi tuna tartare then the Caesar salad, you see, I can have whatever I please!

Then, I have made a reservation at Tova Day Spa located in the Fairmont Hotel (where the restaurant is too), for a day at the spa. My day will include a 50 minute Swedish massage, then a 40 minute rejuvenation facial, followed by a 15 minute hand and foot pomegranate scrub. I will have access to the lounge, sauna, steam room, whirlpool, slippers and plush robe and two-hour valet parking! (Gotta love Living Social where I grabbed this great package!)


If I were male there could only be one thing you could add to make me say I have died and gone to heaven.


Then I shall hit the store and make something fabulous for dinner, the boys will be hungry when they get home from the lacrosse game and I am sure I will have a mean hunger brewing yet again.




2 comments:

  1. OMG. Have some wine for me! I'll be in clinical that day. That week we start our OB/Maternity rotation. Eat an awesome desert for me too. LOL.

    Looks like you've got quite a treat in store for yourself. You deserve it, Mama. You've had quite a rocky road this past year but you have totally made it your b*tch and owned it. ;)

    Can't wait to see you rock the stage on Saturday. I'm so stoked! You should be totally pumped to finally meet me. Bwahaha! JK. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sakura,

    Thank you so much, you cannot realize how much it helps to have wonderful people like you there supporting me (from afar and close). I am a chocolate gal, so if they have some decadent chocolate dessert, you had better believe I will go for it!

    ReplyDelete