Saturday, September 24, 2011

San Pedro Market Square

On Saturday we went on a little outing. Me, David and Stacy. I am a foodie at heart, always have been and always will be. Just because I diet half the year doesn't diminish that at all, I still eat great, tasty, healthy, low calorie foods most of the time.


I am a firm believer that you can eat healthy food that tastes great too. One of the most exciting part of competing is dreaming about all of the wonderful foods I can eat and prepare afterward!


So I decided we would go check out the soft opening of the new San Pedro Square Market in downtown San Jose. They say it will be alive with restaurants, food stalls, vendors, markets, bars, and music.


First stop ? Vino Vino, a wine bar that has varietals kegged and for sale by the glass . Here is David giving us a lesson on the local wines (above).


Next was to Pizza Bocca Lupo . David said it was great- but not as good as mine, seriously! This pizza cooked in 2 minutes, it was a very, very hot pizza oven. But this style is meant to be eaten with a knife and fork, it is a thin crust but soft. Mine is very thin and crispy crust.


Personally I cannot wait to go when I can try it. I was happy with my chicken breast, brussels sprouts and sweet potato.


We sat out in the warm sun listening to a great band, and there was yet another bar set up outside in front of the Peralta Adobe, a real European atmosphere! It reminded me of all the times I have spent at a public square with my brother in his home city of Barcelona, Spain.
Then it was out back where San Jose Eats operated by Moveable Feast, was gathering.  Several mobile food trucks all lined up serving all sorts of gourmet dishesHere is a list of the trucks there on Saturday:


An the Go
Eat on Monday
MoBowl
MoGo BBQ
O Mi Ninja
Sanguchon
Soulnese
Treatbot



  Here David and Stacy are waiting for a Heritage Berkshire pork taco from eatonmonday.com

The Peruvian truck had some dishes that sounded wonderful, and the gourmet Vietnamese truck too. In fact, they all had something I would love to try.



If you live in San Jose, sign up to receive updates from the market. Their grand opening will be in late October, once all the tenants are in and open. Although it is small, I am envisioning a great place to spend some time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments: