Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fridays Training with Roy


Shoulders, you gotta have big, round, meaty shoulders, be you man or woman! I think it's funny because people just love to stare at women with nice arms and shoulders, like we are freaks or something.


What is a freak anyway? Let's look at Dictionary.com (and not Urban Dictionary, which by the way is a great source of information!)


Freak:


1. any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.


2. a person or animal on exhibition as an example of a strange deviation from nature; monster.

I don't think I fit that category, but I suppose muscular women are just not the norm. 


Today we trained shoulders, week two of this program. I enjoy it in a sick kind of way, it's hard, really hard and I struggle yet I find so much satisfaction in finishing. 


Incline barbell press with fatgripz 4 sets of 10 95 pounds
Incline dumbbell press, neutral (hammer) grip 3 sets of 10 32.5 pounds each, 1 set of burnouts with 20 pounds: 15 reps, maybe more I cannot recall
Lateral raises 4 sets of 11 10 pounds each
Incline raise (rear facing on bench) 3 sets of 10 7.5 pounds each superset with
laying rear delt raise 3 sets of 10 7.5 pounds each


I haven't been sleeping well, and some of my bodyfat readings are out of proportion from the others, so we are now delving into what could be going on with this body of mine. Sleep is very important, it makes everything good or bad in your day. What's out of proportion? My umbilical and knees. Yup - fat knees.


Roy is checking the alkalinity of my body. How is that done? Litmus strips and spit. We walk out to the parking lot so we can spit over the grate in the ground, makes it all more fun! Roy misses his strip, but I am dead on the first time, a professional spitter!


My strip does not turn green, this is not good. I am too acidic, my strip is a sick yellowish color. Roy's is a beautiful green, like  seafoam.


What do I do? Way too much to tell you here, but the work has started! I was sent home with HCL (Betaine Hydrochloride) to see how my digestive enzymes are working. See it here in the picture above my plate? It's the small white capsule on the upper left. I will know if I am taking the correct amount when I feel a hot burning sensation in my stomach...


I am to take it halfway through my meal, I have chicken breast with Mrs. Dash and vegetables, a mix of peppers, eggplant and leeks. 


Nothing. Zilch, no pain, no warmth, no burning. This means I have to take two at dinner! Once I feel the burning, then I am at the right dosage. Hmm, odd but that is the way it shall work until I get on track I suppose.

What is the reason for all of this anyway, who cares? I care, I want to be healthy and I want to be able to optimize my food and training for best results. I expect so much of my body, so I need to take care of it, I need to give it what it needs to function, and function in a beautiful way.


I think this is just the beginning of a very interesting journey!


Here are a couple interesting reads about the subject from Charles Poliquin.


The HCL Acid Test

Maximize Your Progress with Hydrochlooric Acid


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment