Sunday, April 22, 2012

B-12, Adjustments and Burgers


Saturday, Squat day! My alarm was set for 5:00am and I woke up ready to go at 4:30, so out of bed I hopped. It would be a great day, I was looking forward to it. I am still at 121 pounds and I want to hold there just a bit longer, last competition I was at 118 and my bodyfat was way too low, I have gained lean mass, so I should not get down there again or I am losing muscle.

I will drop a pound the last week. 


Roy met me at Gold's Gym and I showed him all of the unfamiliar equipment and he told me what I should use and what I shouldn't. There is so much stuff there, it was very helpful to go thorough it and get his opinion.


After training Roy and I went to see Dr. Leahy who was having a client appreciation day. We each got a free adjustment, he did something else to Roy's back and A.R.T on my ankles again. Then Dr. Josh gave us free B-12 shots (in the butt, boy it's been a long time since I had that!) and I had LED treatment on my neck to boost my immune system.


I am anxious to see how I feel after the B-12. Dr Josh said I can come in and have one every week and it is amazingly inexpensive! 


Dr. Leahy asked me to take off my shoes. "You mean my very undercover wallflower shoes?" I asked. He chuckled and said "I think those socks were made just for those shoes too!"

I like pink and yellow together....



Then the highlight of the day, Roy and I went to The Counter in Santana Row for a burger! Some folks have a "cheat" meal every week throughout their competition prep. I don't, I had one on April 11 and then this one, I most likely will not have another. I had to as I was dropping weight too fast and getting too skinny is just as bad as being too soft, you have to come in at the perfect weight and bodyfat for your frame (much easier said than done folks!)


I told Roy he could not eat until I took some pictures, he was hungry, I could tell, but he smiled politely for the camera. It was 95 degrees out and the doors and windows were open, I think we were sweating on the food. 


I told Roy he would have to bear with me as I took pictures for my blog and he laughed and said "OK, I have never seen you in action." He waited patiently. 


My perfect burger. Red onion, dill pickles, chopped lettuce, sprouts and cheddar cheese, on a bun.


Did you read that?


ON A BUN



The waitress had them made nice and rare, Roy is showing me the blood soaking into the bun, lovely! 


Now he's so famished he is about to eat it with no hands, cause he is waiting for me to take my pictures and the fries weren't there yet.


 Fries. Sweet potato fries and garlic parmesan. Together, touching, amazing.  See Roy getting his napkin? He's had enough of the picture thing I think. 



 Happy, happy, happy. The food was good. 



We both ate our burgers, 2/3 pound ones! Fries were not touched much, we indulged a bit, just enough to eat all the crispy cheesy parts off the top. The sweet potato fries were stellar though. I will get those again for sure. 




Now I wait and watch to see how long it takes me to respond to this meal and fill out, to help me plan my pre competition meal in two weeks. My last 'cheat" I looked best between 20 and 30 hours later, I want to see if I do the same, then I know I have it all dialed. in.


Sunday morning, when you read this it's Back and Biceps. And 14 days to go!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Cute trainer, too ;-)

    FYI the B-12 injections. I give them to myself twice a month as I cannot metabolize it any other way. It's easy, painless (really!), and way more convenient and cheaper than having to go and have it done each time. You might want to think about doing that. You'd have to get a script from your doc, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil-

      Ha Ha...Yes he is cute! But I try to keep my eyes on the weights.... The cost of having this Doctor inject it is $15.00 an injection, how much do you pay to do it yourself? I don;t know if I could do that....How long have you been doing this and can you tell me what benefits you have noticed?

      Delete
    2. For me, other than for my annual physical office visit co-pay of $15, the only cost is my one-time prescription co-pay of $15 because I get a year's supply all at once and that includes the syringes.

      I've been doing this for a few years now--on the 1st and 15th of each month. The main difference is that my B-12 levels are now normal. Before they were really low because of my body's inability to metabolize B-12 from food/supplements. In the beginning, I noticed a big difference--more energy, less depressed/irritable. B-12 is extremely important for a well-functioning central nervous system. Now I guess I just feel pretty good, although with this lovely menopause shit that I am going through, I'm going to ask my doc if weekly injections might help to counteract some of that as well. Friggin' hormones.

      Anyway, the injections are easy. They're intramuscular (I alternate between my left and right butt cheeks and thighs), and the needle is very, very thin. Honestly, you don't even feel it, but then again, needles don't bother me.

      My only question would be if your levels are normal, would the extra make a difference or would it be a waste.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
    3. Phil- Well my levels are normal. At least they were when I was a pin cushion about 8 months ago when my body got all whacked out from too low body fat. So, I cannot get a prescription. I will ask him to check again when i get my annual soon, and then if they are low I will ask for prescription. I felt amazing when I woke up this morning and have a lot of energy, way more than usual. I might try it for a while, he recommended them every week.

      And yes, you helped a lot! Thanks!

      Delete