Saturday, April 7, 2012

1:00 P.M. Meal



I love this one too! Have you heard me say there is a meal that I DON'T like? ha ha nope!


My previous meal at 10:00 a.m. was the last of the starches, in fact it was only one of two meals with starches. I had 1/3 cup dry measure of oatmeal in the morning (at 4:15 a.m.) and then 4 ounces brown rice at 10:00 a.m. The rest of my carbohydrates will come from vegetables. 


I am eating every 3 hours, and I am hungry every hour! I think a lot of it is in my mind, but maybe not, I mean if I am losing weight, even if it is slowly, that means I am expending more energy than I am taking in right?


To drop fat you need to eat less than your body needs, but it is really important that the foods you choose are good, quality foods that will give your body the nutrition it needs. This has 4 to 5 (and you can bet I lean towards the 5) ounces of baked tilapia, 1 cup of steamed asparagus, and 6o grams fresh avocado.


That's protein, non-starchy carbohydrate and good fat.


You can have 15 raw almonds instead of the avocado if you like! I love spicy foods so this tilapia hase been coated with ground black pepper and Vindaloo Curry I bought it from Whole Spice Company . I then bake it at 400, without turning until done, depending on the size of the fish, it can be 10 to 20 minutes.


I have the fish and asparagus and I really love the richness and creaminess of the avocado, along with my favorite Sriracha sauce and rice vinegar.


The fish can be made with curry, paprika, chili powder, anything you like really. 


So why the avocado? Besides the fact that avocados are one of the most amazing foods known to the gods I mean?


Fats are needed when carbohydrates are taken away. Fats do a lot of good- that is if you eat good fats, which is why I have some form of good fat at every meal. Some are in the form of supplements, and some are avocado, nuts, olive oil, flax seed.


Fat is needed to allow the body to absorb fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K); fat slows the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream (you have heard of combining foods to lower the gylcemic index right? That's why you must ALWAYS put peanut butter on your toast! ha ha)


Ingesting fat with each meal makes sure the blood sugar levels are kept at a constant level, and not spiking, so this keeps energy levels constant and your body burning fat for fuel. 


I would eat this again and again and again even when not dieting, but I could eat twice as much....



No comments:

Post a Comment