Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Training Split




Things need to change a bit, I am now in "competition prep" so this means my training will change, just as my diet changes. 


I add in more cardio, starting off with a few days a week extra, and then I will monitor how I look and will add or take away days.


I need to start concentrating on my Back again, and the delts need to be round and pop.


It's not like I have been neglecting anything, but I haven't been focusing in on any specific muscles other than trying to bring up the size of my legs.


So what will I be doing for the next few weeks? It's not a dramatic change, but it is a change. 


Monday
5:00 a.m. Calves, Conditioning at Courtside
11:00 a.m. Stairs and jump rope at San Jose State University
5:30 p.m. Hamstrings with Roy at BodyComp Personal Training Gym


Tuesday
5:00 a.m. Shoulders at Courtside
11:00 a.m. Stairs and jump rope at San Jose State University
5:30 p.m. Treadmill  at Home


Wednesday

5:00 a.m. Calves, Back and Biceps at Courtside
11:00 a.m. NAP! at San Jose State University
5:30 p.m. Quads with Roy at BodyComp Personal Training Gym


Thursday


5:00 a.m. Hamstrings at Courtside
11:00 a.m. Stairs and jump rope at San Jose State University
5:30 p.m. Treadmill  at Home


Friday

5:00 a.m. Calves, Conditioning at Courtside
12:00 a.m. Shoulders with Roy at BodyComp Personal Training Gym
5:30 p.m.  Treadmill at Home


Saturday
6:00 a.m. Quads at Courtside
3:30 p.m. Treadmill at Home


Sunday

6:00 a.m. Back and Biceps at Courtside
3:30 p.m. Treadmill at Home


The treadmill at home may vary when I actually do it, since it is right there I just fit it in between meals when I am not doing anything else! It is likely that I may start napping more days too, and not just on Wednesday (the day I actually lift twice).

6 comments:

  1. Hey Charlotte- I KNOW you are joking, but I actually feel better at work when I get out and do something, it isn't long, but enough to get the blood flowing again after siting at my desk for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy - Everything I read says to incorporate at least one rest day into a training regimen. How come you don't. Do you ever feel like you should?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil- There is a great deal of science surrounding this and so much can vary- the person, the training, the nutrition, the sleep patterns. Years ago I trained with a Collegiate Strength Coach (SC in my blog), he had a Masters degree in his field. Not to put down personal trainers, but he studied to do just this, he was quite knowledgable. He wrote a new training program for me every three weeks and on day it had me training 7 days a week when i usually did 5 or 6! I got all agitated and told him I needed a rest day and we discussed it at length. I am not an olympic athlete or a professional athlete who trains hours and hours everyday. I am a recreational athlete, the demands are not that of an elite athlete. If I eat a proper diet, and I have a regular sleep pattern, with adequate rest, there is no need for a "rest day" unless I need one emotionally. I have trained 7 days a week now for about 4 years and have never felt I needed a day off. I will sometimes cut my training short if I am tired, but I gain energy and emotional well being from training every single day. I say let your own body and mind be your guide. I will be interested to hear how things go and what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ready in 5 weeks!! I think you're ready now kristy ;) The pictures in the blue bikini are very good. I wish if my competitiveness was remotely as high as yours when I go to the gym. keep it up and don't forget to read my latest post Windows 8 Vs. iPad Features

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Reckless- Thanks and I appreciate the comments, just keep on going to the gym! I will check iout your post- thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete