Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Diet


It's been one week (exactly) that I have been on my diet when I took this picture. I am pleased, to say the least, that this might be a good diet for me!


It is not an easy one, the calories are lower than I am used to and the timing is very exact, so it's not "convenient", but I am getting used to it.


I am down to 125, so I have lost 1 1/2 pounds in 7 days. I always marvel at how different my body looks with an extra pound added or taken away, it amazes me every single time.


My diet is ranging from 1500 to 1700 calories a day, I typically eat over 2000. The calories will vary mainly because I am varying the protein source, so a shrimp meal will have fewer calories than a very lean beef meal. I am drinking 1 gallon of water or more a day. The macro nutrient breakdown is as follows:


Carb 30%
Protein 45%
Fat 25%


It suites me, it really does. I love protein, I love fat, starches I enjoy but of the three- protein is my favorite.


What has been on the diet?


Protein:
Chicken breast
Tilapia
Shrimp
Lean beef
Egg whites
Whey protein


Starches:
Yams
Brown Rice
Oatmeal


Non Starchy Carbs:
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Asparagus
Banana
Spinach
Salad Greens
Onions
Tomatoes
Mushrooms


Fats:
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
Fish Oil
Olive Oil
Almonds
Peanut Butter


Depending on my training split I am eating at the following times:


Training in the morning on my own:

4:30 am
5:00 am to 6:15 am lift
7:00 am (shake with banana & Peanut Butter)
10:00 am
1:00 pm
4:00 pm
8:00 pm





Training at night with Roy after work:
4:30 am
7:00 am (I split my 4:30 am meal into these two meals and save my shake for after lifting)
10:00 am
1:00 pm
4:00 pm
5:30 pm to 6:30 pm lift
6:45 pm (shake with banana & Peanut Butter)
8:00 pm


I must say I have been hungry all the time, except when I am so busy my mind forgets about the hunger, like when I am totally slammed at work or when I am training. It is subsiding though. At first it is all I can think about, then I get used to it, used to the sort of gnawing feeling in my stomach. 


I could feel the fat coming off right away, and I know other competitors can relate and know exactly what I am saying. I told Roy I thought it was too low for me, I should not lose this fast because I don't have a lot to lose, and I tend to lose too much fat anyway, but then I realized it would be easy to manipulate it a bit be adding more beef and less fish (I have had beef only once this past week) if I needed to.


Each meal has fat- almonds, CLA and fish oil, olive oil or peanut butter.


My last starchy carb meal is at 10:00. I have told that to several people and they all look a bit wide eyed, 10:00? That's the last? Yes indeed.


It looks like it's working don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment