Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lunch Containers



Seems like I am always in search of the "perfect" food containers. I eat several times a day, I am always toting food everywhere I go, and I have an aversion to those disposable plastic containers.

My search is over! I just found these 3 cup Pyrex leak proof storage containers at Target. They are glass, my preferred material, and the lid has a great seal that ensures no liquid spills out, even when tipped. There is a vent on the top to pop the whole thing in the microwave and the lid is BPA free! 

The whole thing can go in the dishwasher. Above you can see one open with my meal- 4 ounces tilapia, 4 ounces Soo-Foo and 1 cup broccoli. Above it is another with the lid on.

I bought four of these and David immediately tried to claim one. Sorry- no way! I told him I would go buy more so he could use some too.

They can be used in the refrigerator for left over storage or for lunches on the go, the size and shape are absolutely perfect! 

Below I have one on my food scale, another reason why I like glass, I can weigh my food right into the container I choose to use for my lunch.


Seriously- go get some of these containers!

6 comments:

  1. hi kristy, soofoo looks fabulous but of course i cant get it in Australia. i went on the website and had a look what is in it so i'm going to make my own. thanks for the link! btw you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda- Do you want me to send you some? I have no idea of what shipping would be but the Soo Foo itself (which I LOVE) is not very expensive. If you want to email your address I can send a some.

    And thanks, I feel good, glad to know I lok the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you would need to send your address to my email..

    wilcekristy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. kristy that would be fantastic!!! how much to send to Sydney Australia? if its too expensive i guess it not worth it but if you could find out the shipping price and how long it takes that would be great!
    cheers, amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will find out! Could take me a while it's friday here and I would need to do it on a weekday. I will ket you know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I guess when it comes to things like this I am clueless! I went to the US Postal Service online and to send a 4 pound box would cost about $75.00 U.S. dollars! ha ha ha . I think you may try emailing Maurice Kanbar, the founder and ask if he might give you some suggestions as to proportions for making your own. The distributor is Jim McCullough jimmccullough@soofoo.com

    Let me know what happens please!

    ReplyDelete