Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation



Believe in yourself. Believe in your abilities. Believe in your possibilities.

If you want something in life, make it yours, go after it with all of your heart.

Believe in yourself and your ability to do what you want, no matter what anyone around you thinks. Some may feel you are limited by your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic status, physical appearance, it goes on and on. Someone will always have a reason to tell you that you cannot succeed.

They are wrong.


“There isn’t a person anywhere who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.”
`Henry Ford


“All skills are perfected through the process of failure. Embrace loss as a necessary part of improvement.”  
`Sports Psychologist, speaker and author, Jerry Lynch from Creative Coaching

”I like the challenge of getting players to rise to certain levels, but that's the easy part. The biggest challenge is to get them to believe in what we're doing. They have to understand that it's O.K. to have good days and bad days.” 

`Temple women’s basketball coach and former WNBA player, Dawn Staley

“Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears.” 
`Rudyard Kipling


"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I have been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life-and that is why I succeed." 
`Michael Jordan, winner of six NBA Championships.


“If you don’t stretch your limits, you’ll set your limits.”

`Rob Gilbert, Motivational speaker, author of Gilbert on Greatness, Professor at Montclair State University

"I will always take on a new challenge. I believe in jumping off the ship every now and then. If you don't, you won't really learn how to swim"
`Alec Broers, distinguished engineer, former IBM executive, and ex Vice Chancellor of Cambridge University, England. Financial Times, Alison Maitland 6/23/05


“There are too many false things in the world, and I don’t want to be a part of them. If you say what you think, you’re called cocky or conceited. But if you have an objective in life, you shouldn’t be afraid to stand up and say it. In the second grade, they asked us what we wanted to be. I said I wanted to be a ball player and they laughed. In the eighth grade, they asked the same question, and I said a ball player and they laughed a little more. By the eleventh grade, no one was laughing.”
`Johnny Bench, Hall of Fame Catcher. From The Edge – by Howard Ferguson





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment