I feel they are oh so important to me. I need a goal every day, every week, every few months. I work toward my goal, and everything I do is done with my goal in mind.
For some people a goal may be as simple as not having a soda that day. The long term goal may be to not have soda for a month.
Some people have a goal of learning to walk again, one step at a time, after a horrible accident.
Athletes who succeed:
1. Choose their priorities carefully
2. Consider time constraints and other responsibilities, such as family and work, when setting goals3. Set up a plan that is in line with how much time and effort they have available.
Athletes who fall short:
1. Are often unrealistic about their goals
2. Don’t calculate the amount of time they can devote to them
3. Only set long-term goals, not short-term plans to get there
Life's ups and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want. Marsha Sinetar
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly love life. Greg Anderson
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. Zig Ziglar
Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals. Aristotle
If you’re bored with life — you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things — you don’t have enough goals. Lou Holtz