Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation



Sometimes we have to set very specific goals for ourselves, or we won't get where we are going

"Well, I just won't eat as much sweets as I used to", or "I will try not to have such a big plate of pasta", or "I won't have too many cocktails at the party".

What happens with that? How can you quantify "as much" or "such a big plate" or "too many"?

If you compare to someone else, well, they may be a professional linebacker and can eat 2 pounds of pasta. It just doesn't work. Also, the above statements are negative. Eliminate negativity from your life, it will not help you at all.

Instead do this:

"I will eat only one piece of candy a day" and "I will have no more than one cup of cooked pasta at a meal" and "I will have two glasses of wine, no more".

Do you notice these are more positive statements" "I wills" instead of "I won'ts"

It works, and you can do it!

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
`Unknown


"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."
`Confucius

"When the world says 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.'
`Unknown

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
`Brian Tracy




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment