Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lunch Time Cardio


In my office after my lunch time exercise. I usually run up 300 steps and down 300 steps, and jump rope 300 times at lunch when I am not stuck at my desk finishing a spreadsheet (you know, Pivot Tables are great time savers!)


Anyway, today I thought I was looking especially good, starting to get back to my usual "ripped" self, so I tried to take some pictures. 


I like the vascularity even though the judges don't for a Figure competition.

Shoulders are looking nice and round, biceps are bulging.



And, striations in the chest....love it!


Getting out in the middle of the day is a great idea if you are able, it not only helps you fit in some cardio work but rejuvenates the brain cells and gets you off the butt cells.


I cannot usually fit in cardio during my morning session, I get to the gym when they open at 5:00 am and then have to be at work by 7:30, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time since I lift anywhere from one to one and a quarter hours.


The short period I set aside at lunch gets a good 20 to 25 minutes of hard work in. I know many people who think that because they only have a half hour, it's not worth the time and effort. 


Please, if you are one of these people, change your thinking! It is worth every second! Even if you can only hit the jump rope for 10 minutes it is worth it!


If you scroll back up and look at my slightly blurry, out of focus pictures, you will notice one thing. I look really happy, energetic, alive! I feel GOOD!


And I didn't look that way a half hour earlier. I had been tired, my eyes were dry, I was feeling that I had no time for my work. But, I made the time to run my stairs. I realize not everyone has the freedom to do this, and I certainly appreciate the fact that I do.


I have a drawer in my credenza where I keep shoes, shorts, tops, running bras, a jump rope and an extra iPod. I have no excuses ever. 


Sometimes, when the day is really stressful and I have a meeting at lunch, I will just take off after, late in the day and I feel so much better. I have the added luxury of jumping rope on top of a building, and the view overlooks the city of San Jose, quite a great spot to listen to Guns and Roses while I bust my butt, forgetting about the stresses of the day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. hi there just stumbled upon your blog - look forward to reading it! cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda welcome! Glad to hear you enjoy it! There's lots of information, food and fun here.

    ReplyDelete