Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kristy's Greek Salad



If I had a "like" button for food I would be hitting it now over and over again. One of the best things about warm weather is tomatoes. I have a garden full every year,  but they won't be ripe for months. Right now I get them at the farmers market.

For dinner we had a Greek salad (and some meat). There was some left over and I told David not to toss it, it was perfect for my lunch!

The tomatoes had exuded lots of juice, the cucumbers were still crunchy, the feta fine. For lunch I took the left over salad and made it bigger! I added more tomato and cucumber, fresh chives, 2 ounces of lentils and 5 ounces of cubed up cooked chicken breast. I decided to leave out the olives this time.

I splashed a small amount of red wine vinegar on top (we make our own), several grindings of black pepper and settled in with a huge glass of ice cold water.

Now I am just waiting for the hot sun and the chance to  sit at my huge table in the backyard and do this all over again. I can make it with chicken, shrimp, beef, any lean meat.

I call it my International Greek Salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment