Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunburn


I sat outside with "R" for about an hour and a half after my scrub and ended up with a burned upper chest.

So yesterday morning at the gym, "A" walks up to me in his lilting Scottish accent and says "What happened?! You've got a burn!"

I explained how three layers (I am exaggerating you know) were scrubbed off then I sat outside, not a good idea.

He told me that he learned a trick in Israel, slather plain yogurt on the burn, leave it for 20 minutes and then shower and it's gone!

So here I am with yogurt and I should have put it on my face too!

The smell was making me hungry, I haven't had yogurt in ages, probably about 6 months, the tangy scent kept wafting up to my nostrils. Then I started thinking about the move 9 1/2 weeks, the one with the steamy food scene between Mickey Rourke and Kim Bassinger.

After stepping out of the shower, both my husband and I agreed, the burn looked much calmer, not nearly as red.

A few hours later, you could barely see any sunburn!

I think this is a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. How's the burn, doing? Will you be in shape for the competition? By the way, I am leaving Saturday morning for the mountains, so I shall wish you luck now, and I shall hear all about it once it is over!

    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet your sweet a$% I am in shape fro the competition! Just teasing, thanks the burn is fine, this trick really does work! Thanks for the wishes, I will post when I return on Sunday and hopefully will have a few pictures
    Love Kristy

    ReplyDelete