Friday, May 28, 2010

Get Big Worksheet


My worksheet for the next couple weeks is 7 days, lifting heavy! I am not training with FP for a while, and not sure when I will see SC, looks like he won't be able to train me for a while, now it looks like I will be on my own, so I wrote my own worksheet.

I have learned that you need to lift heavy if you want growth, it needs to be difficult and the last rep should not be as easy as the first, or it's way too light.

I wear a night guard on my teeth at the advise of my Dentist because I clench my teeth when I lift heavy and it keeps me focused now, I can tell if the weights aren't heavy enough if I am not chomping down on that guard.

I am hitting legs heavy two days a week, shoulders and back twice a week, but one of those days is focused more on back than shoulders.

One day on glutes

One day bi's and tri's

One day on some interval training, maybe kettlebell swings or fartlekking. What does fartlek mean?

fart·lek (färt'lěk)
n.
An athletic training technique, used especially in running, in which periods of intense effort alternate with periods of less strenuous effort in a continuous workout.

A workout using this technique.

[Swedish, speed play : fart , running, speed (from fara , to go, move , from Old Norse; see per- 2 in Indo-European roots) + lek , play (from leka , to play , from Old Norse leika ).]


Here is what I am tackling for a while:

Get Big Workout

Monday Quads/Abs
Front Squats 5x5
Back Squats 5x10
Alt Leg Extension 3x15
Bulgarian Split Squat 5x5 ea
Crunches on an incline/ 3x20
Hanging leg raises/ 3x20
Jump Squats 2x10

Tuesday Back & Shoulder #1
Wide grip lat pull down, arched back, lower lat 4 X 15
Cable row , seated 7 x 12
Military Press Smith Machine 3x10
Dumbbell rows, bend over stack 4x 12
Cable pull over 4 x 12
Cable Lat. Raise 3x20
Cable Bent Raise 3x20
Cable Front Raise 3x20

Wednesday Arms/calves/Abs
Concentration curls 3x10 ea
Prone Cable Curls 3x10 ea
Incline DB Curls 3x10
BH Cable Tricep Ext 3x10
Incline skull crushers 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
DIPS 4x5
V-ups 3x20
Ab roll outs 3x15
Calve Raise on leg press/ 3xburn
Seated calve raise/ 3xburn

Thursday Quads & Hams
Front Squat 5x5
Back Squat 3x10
RDLs 4x10
Alt Leg Extension 3x15ea.
Step Ups 3x15 ea
Leg Press 3x20
Leg Curl 1/2 3x10 ea

Friday Back & Shoulder #2/abs

BB Bent Over Row 3x8
Pull Up 3x3
DB Row 3x20ea.
Arnold Press 4x8
DB Lateral Raise 4x8
DB Front Raise 4x8
DB Bent Raise 4x8
Knee ups 3x20
Bent knee crunch 3x20
Shoulder Combo 3x10x3

Saturday Glutes
Thrusters 3xburn
BB Glute Bridge 3x15
Bench Rev Hyoer 3x15 sec
SL Rev Leg Press 5x8
Cable 45 degree abduction 3x8
X band walks 3x20 ea

Sunday Calves/ Abs and Fartlekking
3 Pos. Calve on leg press 3x15x3
3 Pos. Seated Calve Raise 3x15x3
Crunch on inlcine bench/ 3x20
Hanging leg raises/ 3x20
Stability Ball Crunch 3x20
Leg Lifts on Ball 3x20
Fartlekking TBD



Feel free to email me if you have any questions about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment