Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rock Hard Abs


Here is a picture of my abs the evening prior to my last competition, which took place on May 22, 2010.

My waist was the smallest it has ever been, and I think it looked great! I just finished watching the videos, I didn't really see what the head judge said about my leanness, I don't think I was any leaner than most of the other competitors.

How do you get abs like this and can anyone do it? I am not sure if ANYONE can, but I do honestly think just about any reasonably fit person can have abs like this. I am 49 years old, I have had a child and I have not had any lipo suction or surgery.

It really boils down to the hardest part of all of this and that is the lovely DIET. When I speak of diet, I mean a long term, healthy, low fat, high protein, vegetable rich diet. Not a crash, fad diet, but one you can live with.

I do actually adhere to a really good diet most of the time, I will splurge and go off it after a competition, which I have just done and frankly, I am feeling rather sick to my stomach at this point.

So I have allowed myself to eat like a horse, and if you have ever owned a horse, you know they will eat and eat and eat until they explode.

I am prone to a bit of exaggeration though. hee hee hee

Of course you must exercise daily and you cannot just eat right then be a couch potato. You have got to combine it all together, a proper diet, a rigorous exercise program and a drive to make it all happen.

I do throw in supplements too. I do not take any "fat burners" but I do take CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 2,500 mg three times a day; green tea extract 500 mg twice a day; cayenne 500 mg twice a day and forskohlii 385 mg twice daily.

These are all supplements (oils, herbs and roots) that have shown to have a thermogenic effect.

While you could say these are "fat burners", I know what I am taking, it is not a ridiculously expensive proprietary blend with a lot of garbage in it that I am unsure of. Most of these are pennies compared to the $50.00 price tag of one bottle of a 'miracle" fat burner. If you need the "amp" in the morning to get you going, just buy powdered caffeine and toss 200 to 400 mg into your morning protein drink, along with taking these and you will have plenty of energy to keep you going.

Oh I hope I have not confused you now, but as always, feel free to ask questions.

So, as I am preparing for bed, after watching the show and thinking how I have gained 6 pounds in one week, I have decided it's time to back out of the barn, and get back on that darn diet again.

July 10 will be here before you know it and I want my abs to look just like this again....

No comments:

Post a Comment