Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner


I changed dinner a little bit, I opened the refrigerator and saw all those wonderful brussels sprouts and decided I had to have those instead of the asparagus.

The great thing is that the vegetables were all cooked and ready, I only needed to warm them up.

Lemon squeezed all over the brussels sprouts and the sweet potatoes is great. Try to get used to lemons, Meyer lemons (actually a cross between a true lemon and a mandarin orange), limes, or oranges as dressings or flavorings for your food. It is good for you, no fat or calories, and if you are lucky, you can pick them off your tree.

2 comments:

  1. And is that just plain ol' boiled and then mashed sweet-potato there on the plate, too? Here in Catalonia I can get moniatos (called boniatos in Spanish), which I think are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is plan old sweet potato. No don't boil them. I microwave (I don't think y have one) until very soft, then scrape out of the skins and mash them and put them in a container in the fridge for a few days, then warm them. I would bake them if I couldn't microwave so I didn't boil all the nutrients out.

    ReplyDelete