Friday, April 9, 2010

I am lean too early


I got little too lean too soon again. Seems that I go on my diet, and I don't cheat and I lose weight and bodyfat. Strange how that works huh?

Figure Pro (FP) said to cut weight training down to three days a week, cardio the other three. I think I shall go nuts, I have 6 weeks left until my competition!

So what is this miracle diet? Basically:

4:00am Protein meal replacement drink, supplements

Train

6:30am Protein meal replacement drink, supplements

8:00am Waffles (Yup) made with 1/2 cup uncooked oats, 4 egg whites, flavorings

11:30am 4 ounces chicken breast, 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegetables, supplements

3:00pm 4 ounces chicken breast, 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegetables

6:00pm 5 ounces fish, 3 ounces sweet potato, 2 cups vegetables, supplements

8:30pm 1 cup vegetables, 4 egg whites, supplements

Now it may sound boring, but I eat lot's of different vegetables, I usually roast them, get a bit of char on them and even the broccoli tastes great. You can always have turkey or fish instead of chicken. Tonight I had some fantastic wild salmon, never buy farmed salmon. Farmed salmon has more PCB's and a higher fat content, plus it doesn't taste good!

3 comments:

  1. Too lean too fast? Geez, you only started this blog a week ago!

    Can you give us the nutritional breakdown of your protein meal replacement drink, please? [calories, grams of protein, etc.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you know that I followed your wonder diet for about a month last year and the results were extraordinary -- I was eating a lot, rarely felt very hungry, the food was of good nutritional value, and I lost about a kilo of fat a week!

    The only problem I had was figuring out how to make enough diverse, tasty vegetable dishes, without using oil. Of course, if you can sautée in lots of olive-oil every thing tastes great! But can you give us some tips on what vegetable dishes you eat and how you prepare them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek, I started my diet on February 20, but didn't start this until later :)

    The protein drink I use is called Lean 1 by Nutrition 53, here is a link to it:

    http://store.nutrition53.com/n53/Weight_Loss_Shake_Lean1_by_Nutrition53-c74.aspx

    ReplyDelete