Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kelp, Carrot and Halibut Stew


It sounds horrible but it is so amazing, I absolutely love it. It has everything you want and need and can be changed to suit your tastes.

Main Ingredients:

red onion, garlic, vegetable broth, quinoa, carrot, cashews, dried kelp, halibut

This is on any diet, so nutritious and tasty. It comes from one of my favorite cookbooks called:

Gourmet Nutrition
The cookbook for the fit food lover
Dr. John M. Berardi, Michael Williams & Kristina Andrew

The book has recipes for all types of meals and provides the nutritional breakdown on each, along with different proportions and tells you if it is a meal you can eat anytime or if it is best suited for a post workout meal. You know exactly how many grams of protein, carbs, fats, sugars and calories you are getting. There are even dessert recipes. I highly recommend it.

I added kale to it today because I love the texture of kale, I use different fish depending on what looks good that day. I typically make a whole recipe (without the fish), divide it into servings, place into ziplock bags and freeze it until I want stew. Then I take one bag out, warm the stew, saute the fish, add it in and I am ready to sit down to a huge bowl of great stew.