Monday, April 26, 2010

More injuries


This one isn't very serious (I hope), I was at the gym this morning and using the squat rack doing my front squats. I bent down to replace a 45 pound weight plate onto a lower post and someone had over stacked the top posts, so a 10 pound weight fell off, about three feet and smacked right onto my flexed forearm, it is rather painful at the moment.

I am really not sure what people think when they do that kind of thing, or when they walk away leaving three 45 pound plates on each side of the bar so the next person has to pull them off.

I have an ice wrap around it, feels good. I just cannot afford to have a big bruise with my competition only 27 days away...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Kristy! When it rains, it pours. I am so sorry and hope that you get completely healed as quickly as possible so you can compete in full form!

    At my gym here in Barcelona they just restack the weights in the most willy-nilly fashion. One 9 kilo dumbbell at the top, its mate on the same side but near the bottom, the 1 kilo dumbells at the complete bottom (but never together, obviously). I thought it was just some Catalan distate for too much order, but obviously it is an international illness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No There are plenty of meat heads here who do the same thing, it could have fallen on my head for gosh sakes!

    Ice is back on, but its hard to type like this...

    ReplyDelete