Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stairmills




Wednesday I climbed up on the stairmill at Gold's Gym, it would be my last workout of the week. I chose the one on the end next to a guy who looks exactly like Georges St. Pierrre, a mixed martial artist and welterweight champion. A man who epitomizes the male physique in my opinion. Here is a picture for you!






This guy looks exactly like him, and even has an accent. I think the only difference is my guy is slightly shorter.


Although there are 13 stairmills, and he is the only one there, I always get on the one next to him. Not just because he is stunning looking, but because he climbs off after a few minutes, takes of his sweatshirt, walks over to the huge fans and flips them on, then he walks back. I like to watch him, and I like the fans, our stairmills are smack dab in front of them.


As I climbed up he glanced over and said "morning". I responded with a good morning and started walking. I then started up a conversation, I was curious. You don't see many males on stairmills, and he was there on the same schedule as me, something was not typical about this guy. 


Kristy: "Are you training for something in particular or do you just enjoy the stairmill?"


Guy: "I have a shoot coming up."


Kristy: "A photo shoot? I see!"


Guy: "I was gonna do the Contra Costa, but I was ready three weeks early. I thought I would do Taos but I have to leave for Europe."


Kristy: "I am doing the Contra Costa."


Guy: "Your'e a bodybuilder."


Kristy: "No, Figure. I wanted to move to Physique but I couldn't get big enough."


Guy: "Your'e hard for Figure."


Kristy: "Yes, but that's what I like and I always place."


Guy: "Well I will be at judging. Good luck."


We both finished up our walking, he lasted longer than me, I only went 30 minutes. It helps to hear form others in the same arena as me, someone who can look at me and tell me I am "too hard". 


The goal in Figure is not to be ripped and "hard" but at 5% bodyfat, I think I would be considered just that no matter who is looking at me. And I have always come in at that low of bodyfat or lower, so that seems to be where I look the best. 


I am looking harder and harder everyday as I start to dry out (reduce my water intake). I am getting excited about Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. I am excited for you! You will do great because you look phenomenal! Can hardly wait to see that first place trophy! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte! Thanks I am looking forward to it....but I'm still gonna walk next to me MMA fighter even after the competition! He keeps my mind off the time I have to walk! ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. Lookin' great (as usual)! Awesome job!
    Best of luck in the competition! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete