Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Show



It's almost midnight and I wanted to make sure you all knew what the results were! I was in two categories, "open" which is anyone of a certain height range (mine was over 5' 2" and up to and including 5' 4"); and then masters 50 and over.


There are five trophies awarded in each category.  I did not place in the open category. I must say it was disappointing, but then I realized that I have a lot of balls to think at the age of 51 I can strut out there and beat those younger gals. And I still think I can, and I will, but it all depends on who shows up and what they are looking for. I have not given up at all.


Several women thought I was in the Women's Physique category and not Figure, so this is encouraging to me, that's the division I wanted to move to.  I didn't think I was ready  yet, but apparently everyone else does! This is making me think about the possibilities, which I am really too tired to write about tonight, I still have to shower and get all this make up off my face and body.


The open category had 14 women in it, a big class. 


In the Master's 50 and over I came in 1st place! I was a little unsure at first, there was one other woman who could have taken it, I think my glutes were better, and the delts of course. This was a smaller class, only four of us.


For most of the day and evening I had a great time, I met some fun and interesting women and gave a lot of advise about diet and what I ate through this all. I think I came in looking better than I ever have, honestly. More muscle, a bit more bodyfat, face wasn't drawn, and everything looked tight.


I could not have done this without the fantastic training from Roy Ganju, of BodyComp Personal Training Gym, without whom I wouldn't look the way I do today, and I am more pleased with my physique than I have ever been, ever! He was able to add size to my frame, especially my quads and I know he is as excited about changing my physique to be what I want it to be also, its like Michelangelo and one of his sculptures. He works on my physique until he feels it is perfect- I like that. Have you ever been to the Louvre and seen the Statue of David? I think I stood and stared for an hour, it is a true work of art. And the time and advise that I received from Monique Varela was priceless. These are two people you want on your team, the winning team.


Of course, I cannot neglect the two people who have endured my diet and funky road trip- constant bathroom-pit stop schedule, and all the other fun things that go along with my hobby; David and Cooper. They put up with a lot, you would not believe how much they do. 


Thank you all (and David- thank you for the flowers).


I am looking forward to plotting out my next escapade! I am thinking, maybe just practice a routine for Physique, and see how that plays out this summer. This might be where I fit now, the judges are now leaning towards a Figure look as opposed to the Bodybuilder look. I understand that they seem to be awarding a softer look in Figure, and I don't want a softer look. I like looking hard and ripped, so, maybe. Maybe Physique!


Sometimes disappointment opens your eyes to other opportunities that have been staring you in the face for the longest time. Now I am excited!



10 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!! I am SO glad you posted. I was dying to know how you did. Congratulations!!! I knew you'd win. You work too hard not to.

    That's great that you got feedback about your Physique efforts too. Sounds like you're on your way.

    Again, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil! I had to post! My little fingers and eyes were getting worn out from all the texts and Facebook posts on my phone! ha ha

      I am pleased too! And excited about the end at the same time, its everything good rolled into one.

      Delete
  2. Awesome job!! First place!!! Whoo hoo!! I just knew you'd take it home! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte- Thanks, It was great. Been celebrating all day!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear about the excitement, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dude, It was about 1 am when i actually finished that so it was short and sweet. You know me, I cannot stay up late, I was so very tired. More to come with fun stories! I had a great day yesterday of eating and relaxing in the backyard. Cooper's team won, they have one game next Saturday and then if they win, we are playing for State of California champions! I am looking forward to a great summer, too bad you cannot visit again.

      Delete
  4. Kristy~
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so so very happy for you! You look absolutely great in your pictures. What an accomplishment. All of that hard work paid off! It's exciting to see that you are already setting new goals. 1st Place! 1st Place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenda! We will have lots to talk abut at lunch when you get back, and I can fill you in about the whole competition!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kristy !
    Sorry I'm a little late . CONGRATULATIONS !!!! So happy and proud of you . Can't wait to see you beat out those 20 year olds ! You know you can : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy- Thanks! I will be whooping their butts next time! I loked good and had a great time

    ReplyDelete