Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sundays Food



I decided that I might as well start in on my new "diet" now, I mean why wait until Monday? To me, that's like a New Year's resolution, (which I don't believe in), if you have to wait an entire year to make a commitment to yourself, it probably won't stick. If I decide to do something I do it right away.


I had my usual meal replacement shake when I woke up before heading off to the gym. I didn't set the alarm and woke at 5:20, I took my time getting ready.


I trained Back and Biceps and then headed home and had my protein shake with a small banana blended in, then coffee.


Off to the Farmer's Market to stock up on goodies.


Next I had 100% grass fed ground beef mixed with sautéed chard and kale and a pasture raised fried egg on top  (see above). Yum!


Kale steaming

Chard in a little olive oil and red pepper flakes, I sauté it then add the steamed kale to it.


Cook the ground beef



Mix in the greens


Then top with an egg.



Then all morning cooking and I had more beef and vegetables. I had a grass fed flank steak from Prather Ranch that I bought at the Farmer's Market so David sliced it really thin for me. I sautéed it with steamed broccoli.



Next I will have rotisserie chicken and more vegetables. We bought a small chicken from Prather Ranch, these little beauties do not taste like the ones you buy in the grocery store.  I brined it all day in a recipe that Chez Panisse restaurant uses, and I use it for my chickens and my Thanksgiving day turkey. It makes the chicken taste even more sublime.


Here it is brining away!


The chicken gets tied and threaded through the long metal rod and will slowly turn on the wood fire rotisserie for about an hour and a half, it will be moist and falling off the bone.




The vegetables will be grilled first on a super hot fire then served at room temperature.


The boys will also have an orzo salad with goat cheese and tomatoes.


Here are the cooked vegetables



And my dinner, I added some ripe, creamy avocado too.














4 comments:

  1. I'm drooling! That looks delicious! Looks like you are a pretty good chef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte- Actually I love to cook and am a very good chef!!

      Delete
  2. WOW OH WOW!!! Those all look like rockin' dishes!!!
    I love the egg over the top!!! DELISH!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise...I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs! I can eat them morning, noon and night!

      Delete