Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Morning Motivation




Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
- Raymond Lindquist


Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill


Discontent is the first necessity of progress.
- Thomas Edison


Every wall is a door.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Eddie Rickenbacker


To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.
- Theodore H. White


The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready
- Henry David Thoreau

To change ones life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.
- William James

4 comments:

  1. I like this Monday morning's motivations (which always reach me Monday early evening!); or perhaps it's just my own particular current circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh little brother- I hope your circumstance are good....

      Delete
  2. Well, in six weeks I leave, and it's probably the first time in my move-filled life that I feel anxious and am getting cold feet. I can't see the whole staircase and behind me is so familiar. Maybe I just need to get more flamboyant about it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it must be very frightening but so exciting. You know, you only have positivs to look forard to. Spain has been wonderful, and nothing says that you cannot return when you are ready. Relationships will continue if they are meant to be, and people will continue to come and go in your life. Just because someone isn;t physically near, they are still in your heart and can be part of your life. We also plan to come see you in Paris next summer, all three of us. I am sure that it will take adjusting but you will never regret going.

      Delete