Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation

I realize that often my Monday Morning Motivation quotes may not necessarily be motivating, but they are intended to be thought provoking.

If they at least make you pause, and think about your outlook on life, your relationships with others and especially with yourself, then they have accomplished what I intended.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
`Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
`Dalai Lama XIV

Everything popular is wrong.
`Oscar Wilde

As to methods, there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods.
`Ralph Waldo Emerson

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone will be nothing. Only I will remain.
`Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear," from Frank Herbert's Dune
Posted by Picasa
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment