Tuesday, March 1, 2011

5 Weeks of my Diet

I bet you didn't think I would post pictures this week did you? I mean, I have actually NOT been dieting for a week, I have been indulging as a matter of fact.

I do think it is important to show you just how one week of eating and drinking like "regular folk" can damage a tight physique.

I took these pictures on Sunday morning, my first day back in the gym lifting weights in 9 days. All I did in those 9 days was run on the beach, anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes a day, that's it.

I ate though, and drank quite a bit, several glasses of wine a day and at least one margarita each day too (no beer, I don't care for it).


From the side my stomach looks fine, but in the first picture you can see It is soft, and round. Many women would be absolutely thrilled to have this, but I am not and it won't win any competitions, nor would I even dream of stepping on stage looking like this, it is not the best I can be.


Even if you do not compete, this is proof that you really can change your physique in a very short period of time, either in a positive way or a negative way!

You can even see it in my back, the fat is hanging over the back of my bra, when last week it was not.

So, I feel really good getting back to my usual. I haven't had any alcohol since the plane on Thursday, and I won't until May 7th. I may make one small concession and perhaps indulge in a glass of real champagne on April 11, that will be my 50th birthday. I will be sure to keep you posted though.

I have been eating well, I cooked up a huge amount of vegetables today (thanks to David for chopping them): asparagus, mixed peppers, zucchini, broccoli rabe, mushrooms. I also made two different soups which I froze in individual servings so I can eat them for dinner, I will be starting to go to the gym to do some cardio a few days a week after work now, back to the "two a days"
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment