Saturday, January 28, 2012

Diet Worries



Friday- I met Roy for shoulder training. The usual chit chat and then I told him I had to start a diet soon, for my next competition and I was a bit concerned. "Why" he asked "Are you afraid of losing muscle?"


And, I hope you can see, I have gained quite a bit training with him, quite a bit! Take a look at these shoulders!




The legs? Looking good too! I actually weigh more than I have in ages. I was at 131 pounds this morning, although I was at 133 earlier in the week, it was due to the carbs I ate- I had a blast on Saturday and ate all sorts of goodies as I tasted wine with David. As you know, your body holds onto water when you consume starchy carbs, so the more pizza I ate, the more I would end up weighing a few days down the road.


But back to my conversation with Roy. I explain : "I am not worried about losing all my new muscle, I am wondering how I will be able to diet. I have cut out so much starch already, I am not sure what to cut out now!"


This was necessary to gain all this weight and keep the body fat low. I weigh 13 pounds more than my last competition weight, but it's really not a great deal of fat. I did a good job in the "off season" I think.


His response?


"Yeah, but you have been going out with your family right?"


Bingo!


That's the kind of stuff that gets you into trouble, but the great thing is, it's also the easiest to remedy! Going out and having wine and food at a restaurant is big calories, I mean BIG! And the reason why it tastes so good is all the butter, oil, salt and fat they add to the food. 


Then I admitted I still have a problem with Peanut Butter- I should join PBLA (Peanut Butter Lover's Anonymous), but I am not ready to let go of my addiction.


Luckily, the diet won't start until after my week in Mexico, which is coming up soon, and I shall enjoy it and not worry- the diet will be ready and waiting for me when I get home!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe its already Mexico time! Wow. How time flies. You're looking fantastic, mama! I can't wait to see you compete again. Ill be out of school finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sakura- It seems like it was just yesterday, time sure goes by quickly doesn't it? I will try to post mosre about the diet so you can get a better idea of what I am doing!

    ReplyDelete