Friday, November 19, 2010

Artichoke Chicken Shiritaki Pasta


Posted by PicasaI came up with this on Sunday evening and I loved it! I was in need of some greatly reduced carbs due to the massive amounts that I ate the previous evening at a party. There were enough in my stores, I needed a hearty dinner but not a lot of carbs.

I have written many times about shiritaki pasta, it is a tofu and yam flour pasta. It takes some getting used to, but it is wheat free and has almost no carbohydrates.


This was easy to prepare, I assembled or pre-cooked most of it then microwaved it when I was ready to eat.

This serves one person and the ingredients are:

1 package shiritaki pasta
4 ounces cooked, cubed chicken breast
1/2 cup roughly chopped canned artichoke hearts
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
black pepper

Rinse the shiritaki well, then boil 2 minutes and rinse and drain again, set aside until ready to use.

Combine all remaining ingredients except the cheese and pepper with the pasta, stir to mix. Warm in the microwave about 2 minutes. Top with cheese and pepper.


Nutritional breakdown is as follows:
Calories 224
Protein 33 grams
Fat 2.5 grams
Carbs 12.5 grams
Sodium 636 mg.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Seriously making me hungry--and I'm eating right now! Hmmm. Must find this pasta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, since you mention Parmesan here, and I remember you talking about it again at Dad's, I was wondering if you couldn't tell us a little about cheeses: I know you don't eat much, but if we wanted to, which one's are the best choices, and which the worst? For example, aren't some cheeses made from whey and therefore chock-full of protein but with very little fat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't think I am very knowledgeable in this area, they are basically all full of fat! I know some are not as bad. I only really know that 1 tablespoon of Parmesan or Romano adds a great deal of flavor and not many calories or fats...

    ReplyDelete