Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving


Posted by PicasaThis was my lunch, a cold can of tuna.....!

I like tuna, it is good stuff. I also wanted to enjoy a great meal with my family, so I decided to eat light, skip the carbs and try to offset it all a bit.

I made everything except the appetizer and dessert, so I know what's in it all. I do not make my family "eat clean" on Thanksgiving, after all, this healthy eating stuff is my deal, not theirs.

We had a great meal, family and friends, lots of food and drink.

My brother, who is in India for a few months skyped and we "passed" him around the table on the laptop and had a good chat.

As usual, I packaged up everything for the guests to take except a little turkey and the carcass, I will make stock. My son very quietly asked me if I had saved anything, and I had not. Seems he wanted it all over again and I had given it all away! 

Guess I will reproduce the same menu next year. What did we have? Here is the menu:
Wilce Family Winery
Thanksgiving 2010

Appetizer

Brined “Good Shepherd” Heritage Turkey with Pan Gravy

Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Stuffing

Roasted Cranberry Sauce with Herbed Candied Walnuts

Sweet Potato Pudding with Pecan and Gingersnap Topping

Buttermilk Chive Mashed Potatoes

Brussels Sprouts Hash with Caramelized Shallots

Harvard Beets

Rolls with Butter

Pumpkin Pie
Whipped Cream


Champagne
Wine
Sparkling Water
Coffee

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment