Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moroccan Spiced Black Bass


Posted by PicasaFish, fish, fish, I love fish. I have fish almost every night for dinner. I recently bought some  Black Bass at the farmers market in Campbell, it was quite tasty.

The beauty of fish is that it can be cooked in so many different ways or methods. The key is just not overcooking and that's about the only thing you need to be concerned with.

I love different spices and picked up this great spice in a tube at Safeway, in the produce section.  It is Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends Moroccan.
 A serving is 3/4 of a teaspoon, and that is definitely enough. It is 10 calories, 1 gram carbs, .5 grams fat.

I heated a skillet then added a very small amount of coconut oil, you can use cooking spray if you prefer.

I pat the fish dry, then spread about 1/4 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend on one side of each filet, then seared it for a couple minutes in the pan. Before turning I spread another 1/4 teaspoon of the Moroccan spice blend on the uncooked side.

After I took the fish from the pan, I added about 1/2 cup water and scraped the stuck bits up off the pan and made a pan sauce. A little salt and pepper and poured that over the fish on the plate. 

I served it with Brussesls sprouts that I had quartered and steamed, then baked in a hot oven just until a little charred, some baked little dumpling squash and a couple lemon wedges.  

David even liked it!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. For once, a fish that we do have here too in Catalonia! This is lubina in Spanish, or llobarro in Catalan.

    ReplyDelete