Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Physical Being

Posted by Picasa
I often wonder if my ancestry has much to do with my penchant for physical activity. I come from Viking stock (among other things). But then again, those Vikings invaded everywhere and took the women with them, or brought women back. It's a very colorful background.

People  will say "Kristy can't sit still". "Kristy is hyper", "Kristy is constantly going non-stop", "Kristy can't relax".

This is really not true, it's in the eye of the beholder; I am not scattered, I can relax and sit still, but I don't chose to often. I just don't like wasting my very short time on this earth sitting around watching other people do things when I could do them myself.

I mean, really? I have the choice of experiencing something or sitting and watching some filthy rich person experiencing it on TV?

Easy choice for me. I want to do it myself.

When I decided to venture into AKA I was scared a little. I told Roy that I had never been scared of anything before (well spiders but they don't count, everyone should be afraid of spiders). Then I started to get psyched up about it. I was excited to experience something new. I have always said "I will try anything once and if I don't like it, I won't do it a second time."

It made me feel alive. To me feeling alive is a range of feelings, from sadness to joy, from pain to pleasure, it is all of that. To go through life flat, with only one feeling would be horrible to me. I envision that people who do nothing physical in their lives go through that. Life is just one flat day, the same thing over and over and over. 

I like the hills and valleys, I think they are necessary. The valleys make me appreciate the hills. And the funny thing is, someone who doesn't exercise might say it the other way. The hills make them appreciate the valleys.

I feel fortunate that I have found something in my life that excites me every day. My ability to make a decision and do something that will give me a sense of accomplishment. A physical feat that is difficult or frightening. 

SC once told me "Kristy! You are all over the place!" Well, so what? I am not a scholarship athlete, I CAN be all over the place. I can change my mind. I can do anything I want.

And I will.

again
and again
and again



1 comment:

  1. @Physical Therapist Schools- I am glad you found it interesting!

    ReplyDelete