Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Montibello Kitchens Thai Curry Peanut Soup

I am in love with a packaged food.This is very, very unusual. Montibello Kitchens Thai Curry Peanut Soup. I bought it at Whole Foods.  I typically avoid packaged anything  but this soup base got me. It has three words on the label that are near and dear to my heart.


Thai
Curry
Peanut

The ingredients are few. Peanut Flour (defatted), coconut milk powder (coconut milk, maltodextrin, sodium cassinate), curry powder, seasoning (includes black pepper), sugar, salt.

One serving (without any chicken broth added) is:

106 calories
2 grams fat
142 milligrams sodium
11 grams carbs
5 grams fiber
3 grams sugar
14 grams protein 

Hot Damn!
The container makes six servings and I usually cook for little 'ol me (the boys eat something different 90% of the time), so I weighed the powder and then divided it by six to know how much to use for my one serving of soup. I put the rest in a ziplock bag for later.

All you do is warm chicken broth (and remember if using canned or boxed, use the low sodium) and whisk this in. Now you can add anything your wonderful, creative mind desires! 


I doubled the amount of broth they said to use. I like 2 cups for myself. Remember, cooking is an art, not a science. And nothing matters except what you like (and no eating raw poultry).


I pulled red snapper out of my freezer and cut it in small chunks, then sauteed it in coconut oil. Coconut oil has a high smoke point so it is better than other oils to saute at high heats. 

Posted by Picasa

I then warmed cooked vegetables in a bowl (cauliflower, mixed peppers and broccoli) and then added the cooked fish and poured the soup over. 

I served it with a big dollop of non fat Greek yogurt and sriracha sauce.

It was one of the best soups I have had in ages! They also have an African Peanut Soup, that's just waiting for me to try. I think I may make it with cubes of beef!

4 comments:

  1. Remind me to get some when I am there to take back with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek, we will make some here or you can take some to Dads and then give it a try, then take it home! I told Virginia she might like it with coconut milk too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the blog owner's approval
    http://jaydejaresco.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html
    http://www.google.com.ph/#q=cockfight+forum+of+ofw&hl=tl&prmd=imvnsfd&ei=QG_TTuiCEbPT4QT1juk9&start=80&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=5847ade7f6fc77c2&biw=1031&bih=493
    http://www.contis.ph/catering-set-menu1.asp

    Hi Looking for new online cockfight betting? Here's a site that will sure give you the best online cockfight betting. It is where big bettors are rolling in! Join the Sabongking.com match betting, with a minimum deposit of Php2000. Feel the excitement as it happens inside the cockpit arena: Big derbies, big bettor and clearest video. Feel the adrenalin rush as you watch and place your bets. Be part of the action and not a mere spectator! Be the SABONGKING ! A true gamecockers don't just watch they BET. So start loading your Sabongking virtual points now. Visit the site and SIGN UP! www.sabongking.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kristy. Now that I have some of this peanut-soup powder, would you like to give me any more tips about how you've been consuming it?

    And did you ever do any cockfight betting?

    Love, D

    ReplyDelete