Saturday, September 11, 2010

Egg Whites and Blogging


Posted by PicasaThis is my nightly ritual. I microwave a cup of liquid egg whites, top with black pepper and a little low sugar ketchup, grab my jug of water and start blogging. I somehow manage to keep most of it off the keyboard too!

Were you wondering when I actually had time to do this? I mean, I get up at 4:00 am to go to the gym, I then go to a full time job and I have a family and they have lives too.

But we all manage to make time for things that are important to us. For most it is watching TV. I don't do that, I prefer to read. 

I read many books, often I will have 5 or 6 going at once. My mood or energy level will determine which book I read on any given day. I also like to write, and to share my sometimes crazy ideas with people, hoping that I can inspire some of them.


My son Cooper spends most of his free time playing lacrosse. He strings heads for his friends, he practices in the backyard and across the street. I think he even sleeps with his stick(s) sometimes.

David likes car racing, specifically Formula 1. Nascar is NOT car racing, it just doesn't have the same panache.  Unfortunately there are only 19 races a year. Of course, that needs to be multiplied by 3 because you have practice, qualifying and then the actual race. He also spends a lot of time on his wine making.

My point is that we all make tome to do what we enjoy and what we feel is important to maintain our sense of balance. If you don't "have the time" to train or eat properly, you need to look inward and decide if it is really important to you.


I will bet that you will find the time if it is.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment