Monday, December 20, 2010

127 and holding


Posted by PicasaIt's Friday, I am heading to the gym for cardio after work. It's also one week before Christmas...

I say "holding" only to make sure I have the right mindset, you see, I am trying to gain muscle, but it will be way too easy to gain a lot of fat in the next couple weeks , so I tell myself to "hold".

It's easy to let go and say "it's the holidays", I mean there are parties, celebrations, wine and champagne tastings, and all sorts of good things to eat. Even today at work a co-worker wanted me to try the fudge he made, I was trying to be polite, I didn't want it, if I am going to eat calories, it wont be fudge, it will be something good (I am not really a fudge fan). So he gave me a homemade biscotti instead and said it was healthier....right....

So while the average Joe will definitely gain weight over the holiday season, this average "Kristy" doesn't plan to...

I will maintain where I am, I will stay focused or I will only get frustrated with  myself, I don't want to deal with a set back. I have worked hard to gain this much weight and still look good. I am 7 pounds over competition weight, and it looks like a pretty solid seven pounds to me, a little fat here and there but that is to be expected. I can get rid of it easily when I start my diet.

I will enjoy some great food, and have a good time. But I will keep my goal in mind, which right now is "127 and holding"

So, each time I am presented with some goodies, I will say to myself "127 and holding, 127 and holding" and some treats I will bypass, some I will not. I am sure I may gain a little more fat than I would like, but this way I will gain less than I could...

Till January, then it's "get bigger" a little bit longer...these legs still need some work!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment