Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On my own


Recently I wrote about my last competition, where my make up artist canceled at the very last moment, it completely blew my self confidence and turned what should have been a fun event into a very stressful one.

So I set off determined never to allow anyone to put me into that position again. You see, you can take the "poor me, they are so mean to me" stance and feel sorry for yourself or you can do something about it.

As I explained last week, I went to MAC, had them show me how to apply stage make up and then tried it on my own, and styled my hair, the whole "what the heck does any of this have to do with a Figure competition" part of it that drives me nuts, but if you want to play the game, you need to follow the rules.

The trick will be matching my face color to my body once I have been spray tanned, but I have a few colors and can blend it all together, the great thing about stage make up is you can put so much on and be dramatic, it can certainly make a big difference.

FP told me over and over that my physique is perfect, nothing I can do or should do to change it, so I guess I am all set. I have no more weight to lose, I only need to maintain what I have and then it's all over but the crying!

Here is my first attempt, I think I did a good job, and I no longer need to depend on someone else. I am on my own, in more ways than one, no trainer(s) after several years and no make-up artist.

It kinda feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment