Monday, June 28, 2010

Cream of Rice


I eat some wonderful, warm starchy concoction most mornings, lately it has been cream of rice. Why? A couple reasons.

Cream of rice has less fat than oatmeal. Yes, oatmeal has 3 grams of fat per serving and when you are trying to lose every extra ounce of fat on your body, this matters. Come competition time, I switch from oatmeal to cream of rice.

Cream of rice is so fast and easy to make, it's as close to instant as you can get. I make a big pot, divide it into several glass bowls, top each with a teaspoon of ground flax seed and pop them in the fridge for the upcoming mornings.

Cream of rice has a great texture that is, well, creamy! I top it with splenda and some of these fantastic flavor drops, they are fat, sugar, carb and calorie free.

These drops are called Capella Flavor Drops. I bought a mini sampler pack of 6 and I received Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Caramel, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Banana Split, French Toast and Vanilla Custard.

These make my cream of rice a whole different special treat everyday!

I do have to have protein too, so I usually have one cup of liquid egg whites, microwaved. I eat the egg whites first because the cream of rice is like dessert to me.