Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Standing Work Station





Yup! I stand at work now! because of all the issues I have had with my hip flexors, my doctor wanted me to get a standing work station, so that's what I did. I have a pretty nice office to begin with, I mean look at this nice big window! It overlooks one of the buildings that houses about 600 Freshmen here at San Jose State University, sometimes I see some pretty interesting stuff in those windows!



Roy saw these and said "look at how you are standing!!!" Not quite sure how he wants me to stand but I think it's feet together, pointing straight ahead, butt tucked under (no pelvic tilt), shoulders back...

My nice soothing fish on my bright blue screen.


Front view of my computer and station, gotta have some good speakers! The sub woofer is the big box just in front of the mouse.


Refrigerator



Microwave under the desk (which I hardly sit at now). Along with my bottled waters. I really don't have to leave my office for much! 


Trophies and my huge white board on the right- I use it to get stuff out of my head, I need someplace to transfer this madness! Paper just never works that well, I am extremely visual, I need to SEE things to understand them. 

The gold trophies are from work, the others are all from Figure competitions. That's not all, just some of them. 

My hip flexors are feeling better, although I am still not ready to start squatting again, I am making progress. I am getting used to the standing work station, and I now have a HUGE space where I can lay down and sleep in my office.

If you haven't read my last post about standing instead of sitting, take a moment to read it here. It may change your mind about your own work environment!