Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hardbody



I visit an online site called Hardbody- anyone who is into Figure or Physique competitions most likely does too, or just guys and gals who like to look at....hardbodies.

There is a mindset, you have to be a little crazy, a little more devoted to your beliefs  than other people, a little more willing to fight for what you want. You need to have confidence in yourself and not be afraid of what others think or say. You need to be prepared to struggle, cause it's not easy, it's not easy at all. If it were, everyone would be a Hardbody wouldn't they?

Being a Hardbody is not just a physical place, it's a mental, emotional and spiritual state of mind.  It means waking early every single day and training hard. It means preparing for the day....24 hours ahead of time. Eating what you know you should, instead of what you want (most of the time). Thinking about everything you do and how it will affect you later- sleep, food, water, rest.

Spending the money on quality foods, supplements, training, posing and coaching. Understanding that you really cannot do this alone. Seeking out others who will mentor you. Listening to and taking their advice, pondering their life experience, trusting that they want to actually help you be the best you can be. Becoming you.


Believing in your self worth.

Believing in you.

I do consider myself a Hardbody. I may not look like a woman on a magazine cover year round, but that's a choice I make to maintain my relationships with others. I look damn amazing compared to most other women around me all the time, any age. I can get myself prepped and ready for whatever event I want, whenever I want. Here I am in my "off season", I am not on a diet and I am at my highest body weight give or take 2 pounds.

The deal is, I have to feel good about myself all the time. I have to believe in what I am doing, I have to honestly think that it's the best thing for me, and not care about what others think. Some think I am very inspirational, others think I am vain and shallow. I love to hear from others who enjoy the pursuit of health, and those naysayers? I look at them and laugh.

I do what I do because I like myself, I like what I have done with my physique, my health,   my life. I love waking up feeling good and ready to attack the day. I compete because it is a challenge for me, I challenge no one but myself.

I'm not concerned with what others think, I am concerned with what I think.

I love what I do, I really don't care what anyone else thinks, I feel I am on the right path, the right path for me. My life is filled with excitement, physical and mental struggles and accomplishment. I feel I have won a battle every single day. 

I am lucky that I have Roy Ganju as a talented, educated, and caring trainer; along with Kristy Enos as a fantastic posing coach. And of course my husband, David who supports and cheers me on every step of the way!

Hardbody had this on their site recently, as they discussed what it takes to be a "Hardbody". I couldn't agree more.


THE MAN IN THE GLASS

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day,
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.


For it isn’t your father or mother or wife

Whose judgement upon you must pass.
The fellow whose verdict counts the most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.


You may be like Jack Horner and Chisel a plum

And you think you’re a wonderful guy.
But the man in the glass says you’re only a bum
If you can’t look him straight in the eye.


He’s the fellow to please-never mind all the rest,

For he’s with you clear to the end.
And you’ve passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the man in the glass is your friend.


You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years

And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.


Dale Wimbrow written in 1934.

No comments:

Post a Comment