Saturday, October 15, 2011

Testosterone



The world is an amazing place, people and events never cease to astound me. What really interests me though is what makes humans act the way they do. Specifically the difference between men and women. 

Testosterone

I wish I had more so my muscles would grow bigger, but I dare not mess with this fine machinery.

I read a very interesting article about testosterone, soccer and Turkey. I thought I would share it. 

Turkey tried a new approach to curbing crowd violence at soccer games - kick out all the men but let women and children attend for free.

Under new rules approved by Turkey's soccer association, only women and children under 12 will be admitted to games involving teams sanctioned for unruly fan behavior.

On Tuesday, Fenerbahce handed out free tickets and more than 41,000 women and children attended the game against Manisaspor in Istanbul.

Before the game, Fenerbahce and Manisaspor players tossed flowers at the fans. The visiting team was greeted with applause, instead of the usual jeering.

"This memory will stay with me forever," Fenerbahce captain Alex de Sousa said.

Manisaspor midfielder Omer Aysan added: "It was such a fun and pleasant atmosphere."

And I just know that the people who leave all the weights spread all over the floor in the gym every night, and the plates on the barbells, and the kettlebells balanced precariously places they shouldn't be, are full of testosterone.

Gotta love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment