Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Three weeks of my diet

Things are moving along right on track! I have lost two pounds in three weeks, I don't have a lot to lose so I want to take it slowly. Losing it too fast results in a look that can be haggard, and your skin can look loose instead of tight and smooth.


Shoulders are looking good! I am starting to get a nice cap, but it will never be enough so I will keep working on them.



The abs are looking better and better as I lose the body fat, as I said before, I never let myself gain very much fat, I don't believe in the old theory that to gain lean muscle you need to pack on the fat. There is no reason to do that. Science has proven that you need to ingest more calories than you expend so you can gain, it has also proven that you don't need to ingest hundreds more calories that you expend resulting in a great deal of unwanted (and un-needed) fat. There is a happy medium, most people just like to use it as an excuse to pig out.




My V taper is looking better as my waist comes in, and I can see that I don't have as much fat on my upper back, an area where many women my age will start to store it.


I think the next thing I need is a new camera!

So, I have 12 weeks to go and honestly, I think I may be a bit too lean to start now, so it's a good thing I am going on vacation and plan to enjoy myself, I won't go crazy, but I will eat one of my favorite dishes that Dona Nica makes for me: Camarones empanizados con mayonesa (breaded, fried shrimp with mayonnaise) and a cold tecate!



And of course a few margaritas while watching the sunset on the beach.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me want breaded shrimp and a beer. ;) You look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today we shall be having some non-breaded langostinos that our friend Manolo bought for us yesterday at La Boqueria market. After that, however, the main course is botifarra with roquefort and walnuts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got my deep fried shrimp.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bites. And for some odd reason, I really want a beer right now--I'm not even a real beer person. Lol. Too bad I can't have any anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we were going to go the next day and then, well we couldn't. Oh well! I can have some later, but I will not have the beer, I can really only have one or two a year, my stomach just gets all bloated when I have beer.

    ReplyDelete