Monday, November 5, 2012

Motivation



As I write this on Sunday evening, just before I go to bed, I am reflecting on my own need for motivation.  I find it interesting and puzzling that so many people look to me for motivation, I never quite understand why they do. I don't feel that I am a particularly "motivating" person, but I do know that my outlook on life tends to be a bit more positive, pro-active and open minded than most.

I have found that looking at the glass "half full" or searching for the bright side of things always seems to serve me better, no matter what the situation.

I spent the day eating and drinking. No, actually the entire weekend. Ugh. To most people this would be cause for celebration, in fact, that's what it was! But to me, and many like me, it becomes a time of regret, of anxiety, of "why did I do all that"? 

But it shouldn't be. Spending time with loved ones, family and friends enjoying food and wine should be a fine thing to do on a beautiful weekend.

I, just like so many others who compete, need to remember that life is about balance. I can work my tail off most of the time, and then I should be fine letting loose every once in a while without beating myself up.

I want to say thank you to David for bearing with me all the time. Thank you for understanding my needs and waiting patiently for me. 

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony." 
~Thomas Merton 

"In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth." 
~Patti Smith 

"The failure-dichotomy principle: failure is good. Failure is not an option. Balance those in your brain."
~ Donny Deutsch

"The key to keeping your balance is knowing when you've lost it."
~ Unknown Quotes

"A warrior balances solitude and dependence."
~ Paulo Coelho
      
“There’s no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves”
Frank Herbert

“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and 
harmony.”
 ~Thomas Merton 

“Wisdom is your perspective on life, your sense of balance, your understanding 
of how the various parts and principles apply and relate to each other. It 
embraces judgment, discernment, comprehension. It is a gestalt or oneness, 
and integrated wholeness.
~Stephen R. Covey 

No comments:

Post a Comment